CIMA is the acronym for Cyprus Incentive & Meeting Associates. The association was formed in 1997 to represent the stakeholders to the Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events (MICE) industry in Cyprus. While the founding members were DMCs, today the association represents DMCs, PCOs, Hotels, Venues, AV, transport companies and ancillary partners to the MICE industry in Cyprus.
CIMA has a permanent seat at the Cyprus Convention Bureau’s advisory committee, under the Deputy Ministry of Tourism, with the aim to promote MICE on the island.
As an association, CIMA aims to:
- Promote Cyprus internationally as a MICE destination.
- Promote the interests of its members to various government institutions.
- Expand its membership base, by representing all MICE stakeholders on the island.
- Expand its partnerships with other associations in Cyprus and abroad to promote Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Events.
- Present its members, through marketing and other activities locally and internationally.